COOLERCOOL™ : GAS COOLING IN CLINKER COOLERS
The gas cooling inside the clinker coolers is an important safety when sudden hot gas temperature increases occur due to unstable kiln operations, red river or snowman formations. The COOLERCOOL™ entirely close-loop PLC controlled systems are the perfect solutions in order to protect the process filters once it is in operation.
All components of the COOLERCOOL™ systems are incorporated in durability, ease of maintenance, user friendly, enviromentally safe and proven design for this particular application.
General properties of the COOLERCOOL™ systems are summarised as follows;
* Based on single fluid spray (generally water spray)
* Finest spray atomization thus quick water evaporation and rapid temperature drop of the hot gas
* Close loop control system to adjust and manage the gas cooling wihout human interface
* Robust design to serve longlife. Precision machined spray nozzles and lances.
* Non-clogging spray nozzles due to in-built strainer on the spray lance body
* Pre-wired, pre-piped components on the pump-valve skid unit for easy installation and commissioning.
* Easy maintenance, user friendly, enviromentally safe and low pressure drop.
COOLERCOOL™ control and work manner is shortly described as follows;
There are 2 or 3 banks of spray lances, and each lance bank has 2 lances located opposite sides spraying together at the same time. The lance posisitioning is decided once all gas flows are studied inside the clinker cooler. It is also possible to place the lances from the top of the cooler in stead of side walls.
The lance banks get in to the operation automatcially depending on the temperature increase. The twin lances at each bank has the same flowrate values that each seperate lance banks has different flows that are chosen precisely according to heat balance calculations.
Operation on-off figures are pre set in the PLC where the operating conditions can be changed at any time giving the flexibility for system functionality.
COOLERCOOL™ structure consists of a skid mounted pump and valve unit that are combined with pre-wired and weatherproof terminal boxes, lances and other complementary equipments.
The air puring is utilised through the lance and nozzles during idle times to keep them cool and free from dust to stop cake formation on the nozzle orifices. A roots-blower or compressed air having marginal flows are used for this purpose.